Our mission and activities…
Our mission is to foster the development of Switzerland as a world-class FinTech hub.
Connect and develop the ecosystem and members
Create valuable research, content, and insights
Advocate for solutions which address the issues
Promote Switzerland as a global FinTech hub
How to get involved in the community…
The Association offers a growing range of specific opportunities to get involved.
Who is involved…
The founding board consists of individuals from various stakeholder groups representing the Swiss FinteCH ecosystem.
Boris BattistiniBoard Member, Secretary
- VC Associate at Metellus AG and Senior Research Fellow in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (D-MTEC) at ETH Zurich
- Previously project leader for the Corporate Venturing Research Initiative with Bain & Company and a Visiting Research Fellow at Cass Business School
- King's College London, M.Sc. and M.Res. in Management from the University of London, Ph.D. from ETH Zurich
Daniel DiemersBoard Member
- Partner/ Vice-President at PwC Strategy& (formerly Booz & Company), in Zurich and Dubai
- Master in Economics and Business Administration from HSG, a Master in International Management from CEMS, and a Ph.D. from the HSG
- Previously worked on collaborative, technology-enabled business models for knowledge management and early warning systems, and on the social impact of new media & digitisation
Christian Dreyer, CFABoard Member
- CEO of CFA Society Switzerland (over 2,600 members)
- Previously, head of development at JP Morgan Investor Services, CFO at an IT security outsourcer, head of investment research at Basler Kantonalbank, Assistant to the CEO of Baloise Bank SoBa, and a portfolio manager
- Master's Degree in political economy from HSG and Master of Laws from University of Edinburgh, and the CFA designation
Alexandre GaillardBoard Member, Vice President
- CEO and founder of InvestGlass SA, based in Geneva
- Board member Swiss Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Previously, worked with Union Bancaire Privée, Bank of China, LCM HedgeFund, China Construction
- Founder and organiser of Swiss FinTech Meetup in Geneva.
John Hucker, CFABoard Member, President
- Founder and organiser of finteCH meetup zurich
- Previously led FinTech Scouting for innovation team of a large Swiss bank
- Worked at Credit Suisse, UBS, and TD Bank in wealth and asset management
- CFA charterholder, MBA from University of Oxford, BA in Philosophy from Wildfrid Laurier University
Klaus KummermehrBoard Member, Treasurer
- Partner at Go Beyond in the Innovation and Venture Management business unit
- Previously with Cap Gemini focusing on IT projects in the chemical and pharma industries
- Also, Partner at Deloitte, large business transformation specialist for multi-nationals
- BA in IT and business administration
Julian OsborneIntern - Ecosystem Development
- Currently Master Student in Political Science at the University of Zurich
- Previous positions at STOXX, UBS, and British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce
- Experience in Development Banking in Central Asia at BFC
- Founder and President Mi-fi.org – Student organization focusing on Microfinance and Impact Investment
- Former Local Committee President at AIESEC Zurich
German RamirezCommunication and Marketing Expert
- Founder & Managing Partner SPARK & STRATEGY Ltd.
- Leadership roles at large global corporations, such as Zurich Insurance Group, Schwarzkopf & Henkel Cosmetics and a number of start-ups.
- Over 20 years experience and an international track record of creating and building leading concepts, brands, new products, business fields, as well as delivering fully integrated marketing and communication campaigns, on- and offline.
Luke SzkudlarekBoard Member
- Founder of What.Digital
- Digital marketing consultant with over 10 years of experience, specializing in data-driven digital strategies for complex, international companies
- Passionate about new technologies, and particularly interested in disruptive trends affecting financial services and education
- Hands-on, weekend coder and tech enthusiast
- Master's Degree in Business Computing
Alexander HaymannEditor, Digital Magazine
- Editor in Chief of siwssfinte.ch magazine
- Worked at Zurich fintech start-up Qontis
- Digital Editor at finews for 5 years
- M.A. in history at University of Zurich
Ekaterina SirotyukLead Women in FinTeCH
- Portfolio manager / investor in alternative investments, projects management for the people and communications committee for the Swiss bank's division incl. introducing innovation education
- International experience in investment banking (sales & products structuring) and investment management at a major US and Swiss banks
- MBA and doctoral coursework in finance from INSEAD, Bsc (Hon) University of London
Recent coverage in the news…
Media outlets around the world are taking notice of Swiss FinteCH and here are a few recent examples.
Die Banken dürfen nicht dominieren
Mit der Verleihung des Swiss Fintech Award tritt am Donnerstag die Vereinigung Swiss FinteCH ins Rampenlicht. Präsident John Hucker erklärt gegenüber finews.ch, warum im ersten nationalen Verband der Schweizer Fintech-Szene die Banken nicht explizit vertreten sind.
A New Competition for Swiss Fintech Startups
Swiss FinteCH launches its open, neutral FinTech contest. Startups can win CHF 10’000 and a place in the FinTech Trade Mission to New York.demonstrate how they work.